More than 700 young workers in the UK are suing McDonald's for harassment and discrimination across more than 450 restaurants.
Law firm Leigh Day said Tuesday it is seeking compensation from the fast-food giant on behalf of current and former McDonald's employees who were under the age of 20 when they worked there.
According to the lawsuit, the McDonald's workers allege discrimination, homophobia, racism, disability discrimination and harassment.
"Any incidents of misconduct and harassment are unacceptable and must be investigated and addressed promptly and thoroughly," a McDonald's spokesperson said Tuesday.
McDonald's has set up an online system that allows employees at all of its stores and franchises to report problems anonymously, a spokesman said.
The incidents stemmed from an investigation conducted by the BBC in July 2023, when the testimony of multiple victims was revealed.
The fast food chain employs around 170,000 people in the UK, many of whom are younger, including teenagers.
McDonald's UK faced similar allegations back in 2019. At the time, the Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union claimed that more than 1,000 female employees had been victims of sexual harassment and abuse.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …
In recent days, the US political stage has played another d…
On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …
In 2025, US President Trump once again dropped a "bomber" i…
Recently, according to Yonhap media reports, the US Nationa…
Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…