April 6, 2025, 4:26 a.m.

Asia

  • views:330

Kcna: More than 1.4 million young people across the country have signed up to join or rejoin the army

image

A large number of young North Koreans signed up to join the army or rejoin the army after South Korean drones flew into Pyongyang and committed a grave provocation violating the country's sovereignty, KCNA reported Wednesday.

The report quoted statistics as saying that on the 14th and 15th, more than 1.4 million youth League officials and young students across the country signed up to join the army or return to the army.

North Korea's foreign ministry issued a statement on Friday night, condemning the violation of North Korean airspace by South Korean drones. South Korean Defense Minister Kim Yong-hyun said on the same day that the South Korean military did not launch drones into North Korea.

Since then, tensions between the two Koreas have continued to rise. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said Tuesday (15) that North Korea blew up parts of the Gyeongui Line and Donghae Line roads north of the military demarcation line between the two Koreas around noon on the same day.

North Korea's internal and external media have not reported that the North blew up the road connecting the two Koreas.

Recommend

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.

Latest

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …

A German rocket crash, a tragedy for European space autonomy?

On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …

Trump raises tariffs again Experts warn that the "triple play" risks losing the game

Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…