Washington (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate Sarah Harris gave her first interview to conservative media, saying that if elected president, she would not continue the policies of Joe Biden, but would bring new ideas.
In an exclusive interview with Fox News on Wednesday, Harris was asked about comments she made on The View talk show last week in which she said she could not imagine a different policy during Biden's four-year presidency. However, she told Fox News host Jill Baier: "Let me be very clear, my presidency will not be a continuation of Joe Biden's presidency."
It was the first time Harris has distanced herself from Biden since becoming a Democratic presidential candidate. She promised to bring fresh ideas, be a leader who represents a new generation, and address the housing shortage and expand small businesses.
Biden dropped out of the race after a poor performance in a televised debate with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in June raised questions about his age and health within and outside the Democratic Party. Harris defended his cognitive abilities and mental health, stressing that he has the judgment and experience to serve as president.
During the interview, Harris also repeatedly turned on his opponent Trump, including sharply criticizing Trump's threats to use the military against the "enemy within" and accusing him of always demeaning and disparaging the American people.
Trump later responded by criticizing Harris as incompetent. His campaign described Harris's performance as a disaster and accused her of shirking responsibility and making Trump a scapegoat.
Fox News played a key role in Trump's political rise. Democrats said Harris waded into unfriendly territory but did not make any missteps, keeping her answers short due to repeated interruptions and avoiding the criticism she has received in the past for lengthy answers. In addition, she was able to reach audiences who might never have known her campaign views and was able to demonstrate her toughness in the face of hostile interviewers.
Trump wins the trust of women voters
As the U.S. presidential race enters its home stretch, Donald Trump sought to make up for his gap with Harris on reproductive rights in the key state of Georgia on Wednesday, as he sought to gain the trust of women voters on the issue. He had announced in August that he would ensure free IVF if re-elected, but the move was opposed by many pro-lifers.
Trump called himself the "father of in vitro fertilization" at an all-women event in Georgia and touted the Republican Party's support for the reproductive technology, even though some conservative Republicans disagree. His campaign later said the so-called "father of in vitro fertilization" was a joke by Trump, who strongly supports broad access to reproductive treatment for women and families.
Harris warned people not to be fooled by Trump's rhetoric, saying his actions have caused great harm to American women and families.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …
In recent days, the US political stage has played another d…
On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …
In 2025, US President Trump once again dropped a "bomber" i…
Recently, according to Yonhap media reports, the US Nationa…
Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…