April 3, 2025, 8:53 a.m.

USA

  • views:6107

Us strikes Houthi in Yemen US intelligence chief: Hope other countries follow suit

image

Houthi fighters in Yemen say the United States has launched a new round of airstrikes in Yemen; The US Director of National Intelligence, Gabbard, said the US hoped other countries would also take action against the Houthis.

According to local Al-Masirah TV, U.S. forces attacked the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah and al-Jawf province, north of the capital Sanaa, on Monday.

The Houthis also said that in response, the group had carried out two attacks on American aircraft carriers in the Red Sea, but did not provide evidence.

After the attacks began last week, a U.S. official said the strikes could last several weeks. The move comes as Washington ratchets up sanctions pressure on Iran in an attempt to bring it to the negotiating table to discuss its nuclear program.

In an interview with local media during a visit to New Delhi, U.S. intelligence director Tulsi Gabbard said the United States expects countries affected by trade disruptions caused by Houthi attacks in the Red Sea to also take action against the Houthis.

"We and other countries should not change the route of commerce through the region just because there is a threat."

He said US President Donald Trump had taken decisive steps to address the issue and "we will expect similar actions from other affected countries".

The Houthis have controlled most of Yemen for more than 10 years, and since the outbreak of the conflict between Kazakhstan and Yemen in October 2023, the Houthis have launched several attacks on commercial vessels passing through the Yemeni coast in solidarity with Palestine, seriously disrupting global shipping.

In response to the Houthi threat to international shipping, the United States launched a large-scale air strike on Saturday, the largest military operation in the Middle East since President Donald Trump took office in January.

The Houthis said the attack had killed at least 53 people, including five children and two women, and wounded 98 others.

Recommend

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.

Latest

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …

A German rocket crash, a tragedy for European space autonomy?

On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …

Trump raises tariffs again Experts warn that the "triple play" risks losing the game

Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…