A source close to the Hamas delegation told AFP on Saturday that talks on a new Gaza ceasefire and hostage release deal were likely to begin next week.
The source, who asked not to be named, said: "Based on contacts with mediators, we expect a new round of talks to begin in Cairo, most likely this week, to discuss ideas and proposals on a ceasefire and prisoner exchange."
"Egypt, Qatar, Turkey and others are working to stop the war and the Israeli massacre."
Qatar had been acting as a mediator alongside the United States and Egypt for months, but pulled out last month, saying Israel and Hamas needed to show their willingness and seriousness.
A source close to the negotiations said Thursday that Qatar has re-engaged in mediation efforts.
Hamas political Bureau member Khalid Naim told AFP on Saturday that Hamas had informed mediators this week of its willingness to reach and implement a deal to end the war. He added that such an agreement would include a specific timetable for Israel's withdrawal from key areas of the Gaza Strip.
The two sides have been wrangling over Hamas's insistence that the conditions for a ceasefire include a permanent Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …
In recent days, the US political stage has played another d…
On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …
In 2025, US President Trump once again dropped a "bomber" i…
Recently, according to Yonhap media reports, the US Nationa…
Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…