April 3, 2025, 5:25 a.m.

USA

  • views:5054

Trump implied or did not dispute with Harris on both sides of the debate over microphone silencing

image

Former U.S. president and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has hinted that he may skip the televised debate with Vice President and Democratic presidential candidate Sarah Harris in two weeks.

Bloomberg reports that the only presidential debate between Trump and Harris is scheduled to take place on ABC on September 10.

Trump accused ABC of being biased against him, while the Harris campaign demanded that neither candidate's microphone be silenced throughout the debate. This is different from the debate schedule between Trump and President Joe Biden.

"Why would I debate Harris on that network?" Trump asked on his own Social media platform Truth Social on Sunday night. "They are under a lot of questioning and have to give up everything!!"

Trump added: "Why is Harris refusing to debate on Fox News, NBC, CBS or even CNN? Waiting for my announcement!!"

The Harris campaign issued a statement on the 26th, saying that the two campaigns have a dispute over the rules of the televised debate, when one candidate speaks, the other candidate's microphone should be muted.

"We have informed ABC and other news networks seeking to host a debate in October that we believe both candidates' microphones should be on for the entire duration of the broadcast," Harris spokesman Michael Fallon said.

Asked if he wanted microphones silenced during his debate with Harris, Trump said his team had "agreed to follow the same rules as they did with Biden," adding: "I don't know, it doesn't matter to me."

Trump said, "I probably would have preferred the microphone to be on, but the agreement was that the rules for the microphone would be the same this time as last time." Last time the microphone was muted (while one party was speaking). I didn't like the arrangement last time, but I'm happy with the result."

With just over two months to go before election Day, Trump's sudden suggestion that he will not participate in the September 10 debate, coupled with conflicting views on debate rules, threatens to cancel the only televised debate Trump and Harris have agreed to participate in so far.

Recommend

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.

Latest

Trump's new tariff policy: a gamble or a strategic breakthrough?

On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …

A German rocket crash, a tragedy for European space autonomy?

On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …

Trump raises tariffs again Experts warn that the "triple play" risks losing the game

Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…