In response to US President Joe Biden's decision not to approve Japan Steel's acquisition of US steel companies, Japan Steel President Masashi Imai said that filing a lawsuit against the US government is one of the "important options".
Reuters reported that the United States had been considering a US $14.9 billion (S $20.4 billion) offer from Nippon Steel for a year.
Japan's public broadcaster NHK reported Monday that Imai told the media that the U.S. government's review process and decision on the acquisition appeared to be flawed, and that Nippon Steel "has the right to request that the acquisition plan be properly reviewed."
Biden, citing national security concerns, refused to approve the acquisition on Wednesday. Mr. Imai said Nippon Steel would soon announce what countermeasures it would take in response to the U.S. government's decision.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced the implementation of the "America First Tariff Plan", imposing a 10% basic tariff on all imported goods and an additional 25%-50% tariff on key areas such as steel and semiconductors.
On April 2, 2025, local time, US President Trump announced …
In recent days, the US political stage has played another d…
On March 30, local time, the Norwegian Island Space Center …
In 2025, US President Trump once again dropped a "bomber" i…
Recently, according to Yonhap media reports, the US Nationa…
Recently, US President Donald Trump signed two executive or…